Keep your equipment running with these simple tips!
At Greenway, our goal is to have satisfied customers from Poplar Bluff to Pine Bluff, Marion to Conway. We want to make sure the equipment you purchase from us meets your needs and will continue to meet expectations for years to come. We know how important it is for you to run whether it’s time to harvest, plant or mow grass.
Not only can you depend on Greenway to sell you quality machinery, but also help take care of your equipment. Time is valuable, and you don’t want to get behind because of a breakdown! We can be your trusted source when it comes servicing your machines, whether that’s a tractor, combine or lawn mower.
Here are some general tips when it comes to maintenance –
- Check your tires.Do a quick examination of all your tires before you use them for the day. No one wants to have something go wrong with a tire in the middle of a field! Look to see if they are under- or over-inflated or that treads are not too worn down. Also, it never hurts to keep spare tires in case something does happen.
- Keep your equipment in a safe place.Putting away equipment at the end of a long day doesn’t sound appealing, but better safe than sorry. Even if you’ll use the tools or equipment again first thing the next morning, it’s always better to store them in a safe place. You never know what might happen to things at night like rain, wild animals, dew, wind or even thieves.
- Write it down.It helps to keep a record each time a piece of equipment is serviced. If something does go wrong with your tractor or lawn mower, then you might be able to figure out more quickly what the problem might be with a service log.
- Make sure it has plenty of fluids.Check the engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant in the radiator and hydraulic oil daily when in use. Since tractor usage is measured in hours, not miles, the amount of fluid use may be deceptive. Leaking components can cause a machine to break down, so keep a close eye on them! During the winter be sure to use a fuel additive and add anti-freeze to protect your engine.
- Watch your gauges.Keep an eye on the gauges to ensure they are all within normal ranges. Not sure what some of these should look like? Ask us and we’ll be happy to help!
- Say no to rust.You might be surprised by how many problems rust can cause your farm equipment. Make sure machinery is cleaned regularly. Pressure washing works! Again, storing the equipment in a clean and dry place helps.
Is it time for you to see a professional to service your tractor or combine? Remember Greenway! We have a team of more than 170 technicians who log more than 3,000 hours of training each year. We work when you work, which means we are on call 24/7. We offer several inspection and maintenance packages to keep your equipment running efficiently. Greenway also has several YouTube videos of service tips from fuel filter maintenance to STIHL trimmer line replacement. We know how important time is during the busy season, so we are dedicated to keep you running no matter what you are doing!
With 27 locations, we are here to help you whether you’re purchasing new or used equipment or need one of our service technicians. Give us a call today at 1-800-530-0442.